- 2 pounds of yellow, green, and red peppers
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 chopped hot chili peppers
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Sterilized glass jars – smaller jars are better
Carefully wash the peppers, cut the stalk, divide them in half, and remove seeds and filaments. With a pair of scissors cut the peppers into strips and then small squares. Chop the hot chillies. Place all the peppers in a bowl and add the salt. Fill the bowl with water and refrigerate for 2 days.
Drain the peppers well. Add the garlic and parsley. Fill the jars by compressing the peppers 3/4 to the top of the jar. Fill the remaining 1/4 of the jar with olive oil. Seal the jars tightly and place in a large stock pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Remove jars with tongs and set upside down to cool. Store in a dry place. Once open, you must refrigerate until completely consumed.